Start the week off feeling beautiful with these inspiring quotes about loving your body on Cosmopolitan Magazine! See the gifs and images paired with them on their article, "11 Body Image Boosters That Will Make You Love Yourself".
1. Take a good look at yourself—and let the words of Oprah cleanse your soul: "The next time you look into the mirror, try to let go of the story line that says you're too fat or too sallow, too ashy or too old, your eyes are too small or your nose too big; just look into the mirror and see your face. When the criticism drops away, what you will see then is just you, without judgment, and that is the first step toward transforming your experience of the world.”
2. Repeat after Christina Hendricks: Life’s too short to beat yourself up for indulging in dessert, nachos, etc. The Mad Men vixen has said, "Back when I was modeling, the first time I went to Italy I was having cappuccinos every day, and I gained 15 pounds. And I felt gorgeous! I would take my clothes off in front of the mirror and be like, 'Oh, I look like a woman. And I felt beautiful, and I never tried to lose it, 'cause I loved it.'"
3. Don't judge yourself by other people's—or society's—standards. Take it from Khloe Kardashian: "I’m proud of my body. My body weight will always be something that I’ll struggle with for the rest of my life, but I’m finally in a good place and learning to love me for me, and not somebody else's standards." Preach!
4. Remember that starving yourself sucks. And J. Law doesn't approve of it in any way: “In Hollywood, I’m obese. I’m considered a fat actress. I eat like a caveman. I’ll be the only actress who doesn’t have anorexia rumors! I’m never going to starve myself for a part. I’m invincible. I don’t want little girls to be like, ‘Oh, I want to look like Katniss so I’m going to skip dinner!’”
5. Choose to love yourself, just as you are.
Post a Comment